Sunday, July 31, 2011

Free Hugs Campaign

Do you ever just need a hug? Sometimes, a hug is all we need

Good huggers are hard to come by and we imagine those of you joining us on See Beautiful love a good hug. That's why we couldn't resist the beautiful story of Juan Mann and his Free Hug Campaign. In fact, we still have chills from watching his video. Juan Mann's mission is to brighten a stranger's day by offering a hug.  And his mission became a worldwide phenomenon. It became a symbol of hope. It became a bridging of cultures and a strengthening of community. It became an inspiration.

The Free Hugs Campaign was born in the London airport when Juan Mann exited the terminal and observed strangers reuniting with family and friends. Jumping into each others' arms with smiles, laughs, and tears, Mann felt empty, missing that special someone waiting with open arms for him, waiting to embrace him with a hug. So, he put marker to cardboard and wrote two words that have forever changed so many lives: "FREE HUGS". We'll let you watch what happened (and we lost count of how many times it gave us chills):


Juan Mann shares the following on his website, "...for 15 minutes, people just stared right through me. The first person who stopped, tapped me on the shoulder and told me how her dog had just died that morning. How that morning had been the one year anniversary of her only daughter dying in a car accident. How what she needed now, when she felt most alone in the world, was a hug. I got down on one knee, we put our arms around each other and when we parted, she was smiling."

She. Was. Smiling. 

The opportunities to see beautiful here are countless, because it's an ever-green initiative. You can be part of the Free Hugs Campaign. We're not saying you need to bear hug every muggle you pass on the street, but we are opening the door to spread a little beautiful. Because sometimes, well, a hug is all you really need.

To be continued....

Visit the Free Hugs Official webpage here.
Launch a Free Hug campaign in your area here.
Hug someone for free wherever you wish.

7 comments:

  1. I see a beautiful world every time I set foot outside. It helps that I live in one of the most beautiful places, Colorado. But beauty is not just in nature though. It;s everywhere and you have to find it. Found your blog through comment love day. It's a great idea behind the blog though. We all need to appreciate more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by from COmment Love Day! I almost cry every time is see this video. It is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm covered in goose pimples too! I'll never forget the day I hugged a man holding a FREE HUGS sign in Vienna. He gave an incredible hug. We were both smiling. We. Were. Smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this post! I am here from comment love day on ftlob and this is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful video!! It brought a tear to my eye and now I want a hug!

    Showing some comment love!
    *hugs*
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what a simple gesture that conveys so much. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure why, but cried like a baby as I watched this video.
    I send hugs to all your readers and those how touch this blog with words and their hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & helping others see beautiful too!