Wednesday, February 13, 2013

When I Look in the Mirror...


As we celebrate the incredible work of our February non-profit, the Alonzo A. Crim Center for Educational Excellence, they've whipped up their own focus this month, "Seeing Beautiful in our Youth." It's a focus that is seminal in our community. As part of their focus, they invited women to share how they see beautiful in themselves and the world. The following reflection is brilliantly written by Miesha Daniel. We find ourselves reveling in great hope that our future holds so much thoughtfulness and beauty. Thank you, Miesha for sharing such wisdom for others on seeing beautiful.  

By Miesha Daniel:
 
I see beautiful as I walk through downtown and witness the homeless still able to smile.
I see beautiful as I envision a brighter future for all through the eyes of a young child.
I see beautiful as I walk onto a bus knowing I may sit wherever I choose.
I see beautiful as I remind myself that with faith and confidence I can not lose.
I see beauty everywhere I go. 
 
When I look in the mirror this is the beauty I know.! 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you looking for a for a tangible reminder to see beautiful, or know someone who needs one? Check out our See Beautiful products (and feel good knowing a portion of proceeds from every purchase is donated to charity. This month 20% of all product sales will be donated to the Alonzo A. Crim Center for Educational Excellence. Click HERE to learn more. 

5 comments:

  1. Now there is someone who knows what to look for and has eyes and a heart to see that beautiful is out there and with in as well.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling someone this morning how beautiful THEY were on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautifully stated. Golden LOVE. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said and inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully Said Indeed!! Stopping by to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day!
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & helping others see beautiful too!