Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You're Not Lost...

...just wandering.

If you find yourself down an unexpected street, in an unknown part of town, or even city unintentionally, use it as an opportunity to wander a bit. You're not lost, just wandering.

If you're feeling a bit "lost" emotionally, use it as an opportunity to understand you're wandering, not lost. You're growing, not lost. You're learning more about yourself and the world and in that moment (or moments) of wandering you have the opportunity to see beautiful because it's new.

Dictionary.com defines the two words as:

Lost (adjective): having gone astray or missed the way; bewildered as to place, direction, etc.

Wander (verb): to go aimlessly, indirectly, or casually
 
Wandering isn't scary or something from which we should steer clear. Wandering shouldn't raise our blood pressure or evoke the comment, "I thought you knew where we were going." If you're lost, you've "missed the way." If you're wandering, you're casually exploring the world. Which would you want to exemplify?

The unknown invites you to wander and see beautiful along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Now I understand my ramblings... good to know that a random path holds adventure and beauty rather then fear and anxiety. The next time I find myself lost and wondering..."Why was I heading this way?" I will just say, "Oh, what can I find GOOD, that I wasn't planning on finding, on this route."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & helping others see beautiful too!