Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I See Beauty in My_______________

As we celebrate the incredible work of our February non-profit, the Alonzo A. Crim Center for Educational Excellence, they've whipped up their own focus this month, "Seeing Beautiful in our Youth." It's a focus that is seminal in our community. As part of their focus, they invited women to share how they see beautiful in themselves and the world. The following reflection is brilliantly written by Joirdin Cooper. We find ourselves reveling in great hope that our future holds so much thoughtfulness and beauty. Thank you, Joirdin for sharing such wisdom for others on seeing beautiful.



"I see beauty in my skin; I may not be perfect but in my eyes I am a perfect ten. I see beauty in my eyes; they may not be blue but they see clear skies. I see beauty for what it is. To me beauty is unique. To me beauty is original. To me beauty is me. The world I live in is beautiful. Although there are killings and drug dealings, there are babies and fifty year anniversaries. Beauty is not skin- deep; look inside to find beauty and soon you will see. I see beauty!" ~ By Joirdin Cooper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you looking for a for a tangible reminder to see beautiful, or know someone who needs one? Check out our See Beautiful products (and feel good knowing a portion of proceeds from every purchase is donated to charity. This month 20% of all product sales will be donated to the Alonzo A. Crim Center for Educational Excellence. Click HERE to learn more. 


2 comments:

  1. Could not agree more, "Beauty IS NOT skin deep." It goes far beyond that.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joirdin is such a wonderful word-illustrator. I hope she continues to feel this way and write.!!! I can see her beauty from her words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & helping others see beautiful too!